[geos-devel] GEOS NG Regression Review

Martin Davis mtnclimb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 09:47:33 PDT 2020

Thanks for testing, Joris.

It makes sense that downstream project unit tests are focussed on the code
that is net new to the project.  Still, it is always reassuring to run a
set of functional tests as well. One way to do this fairly easily would be
to develop a test runer that is able to exercise the JTS / GEOS XML test
suites [1][2].  That might be a nice addition to Shapely et al.

[1]
https://github.com/locationtech/jts/tree/master/modules/tests/src/test/resources/testxml
[2] https://github.com/libgeos/geos/tree/master/tests/xmltester/tests

And would be great is to retry some of the (numerous) Shapely issues filed
which involve overlay robust problems.  Here's a selection:

https://github.com/Toblerity/Shapely/issues/829
https://github.com/Toblerity/Shapely/issues/970