[geos-devel] PR for new GeometryFixer API

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Apr 20 14:13:40 PDT 2021

I've changed the CAPI, this kind of follows Dan's suggestion for an optional signature that can encompass all the behaviours, while leaving the no-parameters default in place.

https://github.com/libgeos/geos/pull/433/files#diff-cbedc388a4d6d798494e26f51269040e8131b7c3e610b4fb4a792aee4b27e83eR1247-R1289

I still think the default should probably be changed to the new algorithm, but by merging this and then exposing similar switches in PostGIS we can easily try out both and people can see the benefits / drawbacks of the new approach. Since we're still developing, we can also take in feedback ot make the new approach even better.