[geos-devel] Gitea 3.10.0dev cmake broken

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed May 5 08:42:55 PDT 2021

Following the decision to drop autotools, I see that cmake generates (in
the current state of the gitea repo) a geos-config that points to
/usr/local/lib for installed shared objects on Linux, but installs in
/usr/local/lib64, leading to other programs not finding them. I know that
I can set symlinks, but geos-config should take the correct values. The
geos.pc file is in /usr/local/lib64/pkgconfig, and reads:

$ cat /usr/local/lib64/pkgconfig/geos.pc
prefix=/usr/local
exec_prefix=${prefix}
includedir=${prefix}/include
libdir=${prefix}/lib

Name: GEOS
Requires:
Version: 3.10.0dev
Cflags: -I${includedir}
Libs: -L${libdir} -lgeos_c

also pointing at /usr/local/lib, not /usr/local/lib64. Was the instalation
to lib64 a recent change and was it intended?

Best wishes,

Roger

--
Roger Bivand