[geos-devel] GEOS RFC 10 - Move Project to GitHub

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Nov 2 16:26:16 PDT 2021

> On Nov 2, 2021, at 4:14 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:

>>> That's a 404 for me.
>>>
>> [Regina Obe]
>> It will come back once pramsey has reset the config.  It's really
>> because gh-pages is a branch of our core github branch
>> and that is not mirrored.
>
> You mean gh-pages branch is *created* by github on github, and
> our mirroring *deletes* it ? Because our mirroring is pushing
> commits so the code on github which generates the gh-pages
> branch should actually re-create it every time ?

The mirror was pushing the empty branch a lot of a while, maybe it's deleting it now. It's not super important to spend any time on fixing it IMO, if we're going to GH anyways.

>> To the random contributor nothing has changed aside from we will only accept pull requests from Github.
>
> Please no, I'd be -1 on this. We want to still allow contributions to
> come from any source (including patches sent on mailing list)

Let's just say we'll take contributions whereever, like now, but honestly, we take what we see, so it's a little disingenuous to say "sure, we take contribs at all these 5 places!"). So I take GH and Trac and email. I don' t ever look at gitea or gitlab mirrors so they aren't a great place to put things if you want me personally to pick them up. I'd love to get my list down to just GH and email (which, turning on issue watching, I can collapse right down to just email).