[geos-devel] GEOS RFC 10 - Move Project to GitHub

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Nov 2 16:35:02 PDT 2021

On Tue, Nov 02, 2021 at 04:26:16PM -0700, Paul Ramsey wrote:

> Let's just say we'll take contributions whereever, like now, but
> honestly, we take what we see, so it's a little disingenuous to say
> "sure, we take contribs at all these 5 places!"). So I take GH and Trac
> and email. I don' t ever look at gitea or gitlab mirrors so they aren't a
> great place to put things if you want me personally to pick them up.

That's why I care about Trac. I'd like to ONLY look in trac, you file
your ticket and say in a comment WHERE your patch/PR is.

This was the policy before issues on GitHub were enabled.

> I'd love to get my list down to just GH and email (which, turning on issue
> watching, I can collapse right down to just email).

You already receive emails when a trac ticket is opened, right ?
You probably also already receive emails when a github pull request is
opened or a gitlab pull request is opened or a gitea one is.