[geos-devel] GEOS RFC 10 - Move Project to GitHub

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Nov 2 16:56:43 PDT 2021

> On Nov 2, 2021, at 4:35 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Nov 02, 2021 at 04:26:16PM -0700, Paul Ramsey wrote:
>>
>> Let's just say we'll take contributions whereever, like now, but
>> honestly, we take what we see, so it's a little disingenuous to say
>> "sure, we take contribs at all these 5 places!"). So I take GH and Trac
>> and email. I don' t ever look at gitea or gitlab mirrors so they aren't a
>> great place to put things if you want me personally to pick them up.
>
> That's why I care about Trac. I'd like to ONLY look in trac, you file
> your ticket and say in a comment WHERE your patch/PR is.
>
> This was the policy before issues on GitHub were enabled.

Sorry, so what's your problem with GH-only that you're willing to light yourself on fire over then?

>> I'd love to get my list down to just GH and email (which, turning on issue
>> watching, I can collapse right down to just email).
>
> You already receive emails when a trac ticket is opened, right ?
> You probably also already receive emails when a github pull request is
> opened or a gitlab pull request is opened or a gitea one is.

I'd like (as the RFC notes) to have one place for things. All the things. I'd like that place to be the place where the developers are. All the developers. This is my position, nothing complex, nothing fancy.