[geos-devel] 3.10.0beta2

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Thu Oct 7 07:06:49 PDT 2021

Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> writes:

>> On Oct 6, 2021, at 4:21 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com> wrote:
>>
>> Do you mean that if you
>>
>>  have geos 3.9 installed in the system, in some prefix
>>
>>  you build 3.10 with that same prefix -- as if you are building an
>>  updated package
>>
>>  you run the tests in the 3.10 dir, before you have installed the
>>  newpackage
>>
>> that the tests find the 3.10 not-installed libs and do not find the
>> installed version?
>
> Yes, that's 100% what I mean, and my dev environment would be
> well-nigh unusable were that not the case. My unit tests in my working
> dir link to the libraries in the same dir, so I can test my changes,
> without picking up my old system installed versions.

Great, we agree on how it ought to work.

I have been turning on verbose build options and have found the link
line for the tests.  It carries through the -R/usr/pkg/lib line from the
build environment and there doesn't appear to be any mechanism to force
the not-installed libs.

I need to look into this further, but so far I haven't found a mechanism
that arranges for the correct libs to be used.  I've asked NetBSD cmake
people if they understand the grand plan how this is supposed to work.

(On the pthread front, I think I was confused, so let's assume it's not
an issue and I'll speak up again if it is.)