[geos-devel] cmake detailed comments

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Wed Oct 13 09:12:38 PDT 2021

Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> writes:

> That is the case on all the platforms we've had reported except
> Gregs. Tests work against the libraries built in the build directory.

I am not aware of a positive report for

  not Mac (which does all of this stuff totally differently from normal Unix)

  3.9 installed in a prefix not in the default linker search path

  3.10 built for the same prefix in a way that causes RPATH entries for
  that prefix, as would be required for it to work when installed.

My list of conditions may sound odd, but it's basically all packaging
systems that aren't mac or linux, where the "base system" is in /usr and
packaging things are someplace else (/usr/pkg, /usr/ports, /usr/local,
varies).