[geos-devel] 3.10.0rc1 (static)

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Oct 15 08:20:31 PDT 2021

On Fri, 15 Oct 2021, Paul Ramsey wrote:

>>> Somehow the ryu dependency is missing in the final library... I wonder
>>> if the "object library" trick is having deleterious effects in the
>>> case of building static libs.
>>
>> Thanks; do you need me to check anything now? Happy to check when you
>> advise.
>>

> I think your recipe gives me enough to reproduce, which is what I'll
> check first. If I cannot reproduce I'll be back for more.

Good. I moved libryu.a to the installed lib64 directory and added -lryu to
the g++ command, and there immediate failure is gone. I added
libtinyxlm2.a too, because it was in the lib build directory. Adding -lryu
and -lstdc++ to geos-config manually for --static-cclibs and
--static-clibs permits the full check of the rgeos package to succeed. But
please double-check, these are tricks I'm not at all familiar with.

Roger

--
Roger Bivand
Emeritus Professor