[geos-devel] 3.10.0 Release Vote

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Mon Oct 18 14:27:41 PDT 2021

On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 01:33:52PM -0700, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Having gone through numerous beta and rc releases, and hearing no
> further screams of agony, I call the vote on releasing 3.10.0.
>
> +1

I know I'm late to the party but I'm trying builds on multiple
machines now.

The fist thing that did strike me was that a new ./configure (cmake)
run did NOT result in proper update of all the configuration, but still
remembered my previous cmake run defines so ended up installing GEOS in
/tmp/geos10 (from the tests I was doing with RUNPATH).

I tried `make distclean` but such target is not present.
I know, `rm -rf <buildtree>` is the cmake way, and I was lucky
to be able to do that, but if you build in the source tree
that's not something you can do easily.

Second thing:

  $ geosop help test
  terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::invalid_argument'
    what():  stod
  Aborted (core dumped)

I'd rather not install `geosop` than letting it core-dump so easily.
It was ticketed as https://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ticket/1126 and then
retargetted to 3.11 milestone, but really, I think we shouldn't
release with such known behaviour.