[geos-devel] The Road to 3.10

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri Sep 10 16:15:42 PDT 2021

One thing worthy of discussion is pushing forward the cmake dependency. If we pop forward to 3.12 we can fix this issue cleanly by using OBJECT instead of STATIC linking for our vendored deps.

https://github.com/libgeos/geos/issues/463

3.12.0 was released in 2018. I personally at this point just use the latest cmake build, which is so easy to do (download package, unzip in /usr/local).