[geos-devel] The Road to 3.10

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Sep 29 12:05:30 PDT 2021

> > On Sep 29, 2021, at 10:19 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 09:15:46AM -0700, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> >> So the next step on the road to 3.10 is an interim release. I'd like
> >> to go right to beta1. If I don't hear any howls in the next 24-48
> >> hours, I will cut that package so we can get our packager friends to
take it
> for a spin.
> >
> > I guess I'll try to sneak in a DistanceWithin and
> > PreparedDistanceWithin signature, to improve later, do you mind ?
>
> A little... I mean, we do want to roll this to release in time for PostGIS
> sit on top of it. What's your planned schedule?

> > --strk;

[Regina Obe]
Improve later like in 3.10.1?  What applications will be exercising it?
How long do you need to sneak in the change?

BTW according to Myon, they are planning to release PostgreSQL 14 this
Thursday (tomorrow) so I think our PostGIS 3.2.0 is going to be a little
later than PostgreSQL 14 release but hopefully we can coax packagers to
release it.

That said PostGIS release isn't really that impacted by GEOS 3.10 release.
Few packagers are going to be jumping to carry  GEOS 3.10 as I think we
already missed the big OS release cycles.

Packagers please speak up if I have misspoken.