[geos-devel] Changes to the website and Github page

Brian M Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Mon Feb 21 08:55:41 PST 2022

Hi All -

   from an ecosystem point of view, both the OSM project and recently
Safe-Software have indicated that they no longer call GEOS directly at
all.. in the case of OSM they now rely on the GDAL-level interfaces, for
Simple Features constructed geometry.

  New developers may benefit from GEOS C-interface calls.. project like
GeoPandas from python may benefit. Developer outreach is part of the
mission of OSGeoLive linux. New GEOS developer material is welcome there
(by some members of the PSC for OSGeoLive).

   best regards from Berkeley, Calif   --Brian M Hamlin    / MAPLABS  /
OSGeoLive PSC