[geos-devel] build failure of 3.10.3 on smartos (= illumos)

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Tue Jun 21 15:22:15 PDT 2022

Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> writes:

> Well, it's super rare, platformwise so I don't really categorize it as
> "our problem", but it's nice to be clearer. What's the simplest way to

I said smartos but this is almost certainly most if not all solaris.

> even find out if a change fixes this? I'm tempted to make everything
> std::sqrt() on some kind of principle, but I have no idea if that will
> actually change anything. Probably just changing the 5 to 5.0 would do
> the trick.

With a candidate change, I can apply it and see what happens.   I don't
know the C++ rules well enough to pick something that is correct by
spec.

If your preferred approach is changing to 5.0 (which I presume is a
double constant since it is not 5.0f), then I can try that.