[geos-devel] GEOS C API for Polygonal Coverage operations?

Martin Davis mtnclimb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 10:55:21 PDT 2022

Actually I have been developing using the pattern that the output list is
1:1 with the input list, with null representing outputs which are not
present for some reason.  Reasons for this are:

- works well with the "list of polygons" representation
- avoids any issues with creating/freeing userData objects
- makes it easy to associate results back to inputs

Not sure if this pattern will work if the Coverage datatype design is used
(especially through chained operations on coverages).  Perhaps Coverage
Faces will have to maintain the input polygon ID (index) through
operations, and then the 1:1 output array could be reconstituted as
required.