[geos-devel] End of Life Policy (EOL)

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Sep 14 09:34:58 PDT 2022

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 01:55:48PM -0400, Regina Obe wrote:
> Here is my first pass at a policy.
>
> https://libgeos.org/development/rfcs/rfc11/

I agree with having an EOL policy.

I would not take on the committment of "releases a new minor
release every 1-2 years". It's really not a mandatory thing,
as nobody has fixed funding to implement new features while
it may be possible we raise funds for more than one feature
during a single year thus triggering 4 different minor
releases in that period (what prevents that?).

> If people are agreeable with it, I can put a link to it on the download page -- https://libgeos.org/usage/download/

+1 I saw you already used EOL in the 3.5 record.
I'd explain the acronym for the occasional reader too