[geos-devel] 3.12.0beta2

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Jun 15 07:48:49 PDT 2023

On Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 6:30 AM Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com> wrote:

> Looking at the logs (at end), overall this smells like either a
> systematic issue where the floating point on my system is broken, or
> there is some slight floating point difference from x86, and geos tests
> are very sensitive to exact FP results.  But that's just guessing.

In terms of CI, it's linux/windows/macos all on Intel. In terms of
development, there's me on MacOS AppleSilicon, so getting a little
Arm64 in there. It's possible there's something special about the
floating point in the RPI3, but there's also a failure in
unit-io-GeoJSONReader in there, which ... is not doing any heavy
lifting. So I duno. As with other fun platforms I'm always open to
patches. :)