[Geotiff] wtif, wtf files

Daniel Denk djdenk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 07:20:46 PST 2005

Do you mean a .twf (world file)?

>From the main Geotiff page, you can find links to download the command-line
utilities which can parse-out a .tfw file and/or the Geotiff metadata. This
is the command-line utility called 'listgeo'. You can also use 'geotifcp' to
re-stuff the tags back into a .tif making it a Geotiff.

There is also a free GUI packaged with listgeo and geotifcp for Win 32
called 'Geotiff Tools', which is available on the main page as well. This
allows you to run listgeo and geotifcp in their common uses (strip metadata
out from a Geotiff - and restuff after editing in a program that doesn't
support Geotiff [ie: Photoshop]) and in a more familiar graphical
environment. (Only supports one file at a time, but .tfw is also included as
an option.)

I don't typically deal with Java for any need, although many here do who
might be able to help you in that regard.

Regards,
Daniel