[Geotiff] [Fwd: libgeotiff ./configure problem]

David Burken dburken at comcast.net
Sat Feb 19 04:23:43 PST 2005

Hi Frank,

Just thought I'd let you know you have a configure problem with geotiff
or libtiff depending on how you look at it.

This is on linux Fedora Core release 3.

The latest libtiff puts all the libraries in the ./libs directory.  I
actually have a system libtiff but just a ./configure doesn't pick it
up.  I like to build with your latest anyway.

If I point to the libtiff the old way.
./configure --with-libtiff=/work/drb/libtiff/libtiff
I get:
checking for TIFFOpen in -ltiff... no
configure: error: failed to link with -ltiff to find TIFFOpen

If I point to the .libs:
./configure --with-libtiff=/work/drb/libtiff/libtiff/.libs
Configure works but make dies.

Anyway I have to  put a link the libtiff-> .libs/libtiffs  to get a good
build.

Take care,
Dave