[Geotiff] RPCs in GeoTIFF

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 09:06:38 PST 2005

Folks,

There has been interest from various parties over the years to
incorporate support for storing RPC (rational polynomial coefficients)
information in GeoTIFF format.  RPCs provide a model for mapping
from (lat,long,height) to a (row,column) location in an image and are
used for a variety of raw image products from the major commercial
vendors as well as various military products.

The effort is being lead by the ASPRS Softcopy Photogrammetry
Committee.

I have drafted a first round proposal on how this could be done in
GeoTIFF (basically just add a new TIFF tag to hold all the RPC info)
at:

 http://geotiff.maptools.org/rpc_prop.html

I would be interested in feedback and suggestions from the GeoTIFF
user community.

Best regards,