[Geotiff] Tiff header modification

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Sep 29 13:56:33 PDT 2005

On 9/29/05, Nivedita Candade <nivedita.candade at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can someone tell me how to modify/ update a tiff header ? Are there any
> tools (in windows) to do so ? Also, I need to batch this process, so
> anything automated would help.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Nivedita Candade

Nivedita,

You can use the listgeo utility (distributed with libgeotiff) to write
a copy of all the geotiff header information to a text file.  Once appropriately
modified, it can be reapplied as part of copying the GeoTIFF file to a new
GeoTIFF file using the geotifcp utility also distributed with libgeotiff.

Best regards,