[Geotiff] Tiff header modification

Daniel Denk ddenk at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 29 14:41:57 PDT 2005

Sorry, I was assuming you were working with Geotiff's.

One tool that I've used for graphic arts and photography related work is
specific toward EXIF information. There are a variety of other free
command-line apps available if you search for them in a variety of needs and
language flavors. This one seems to pack many of the desirable formats into
one application:
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/exiftool_pod.html - Again, you
can create .bat files for DOS batching as well.

If you're editing images with the recent Adobe proprietary Extensible
Metadata Platform (XMP) structure, you'll find very little in way of such
tag manipulation capability in command-line form or automation - at least
without having to pay for it, or it being readily available in the Open
Source.

Hope this helps,

Daniel