[Geotiff] Tiff header modification

Laurence R Moore lmoore at usgs.gov
Fri Sep 30 07:01:14 PDT 2005

>I am looking for generic 'tiff' tags
>in addition to Geotiff tags. I already have information such as
>imageheight, resolution, rows/strip etc., but want to add 'Image
>descriptionTag' and 'documentNameTag'

A couple of years ago I wrote read/write utilities to solve some similar
problems.  The two programs consititute a crude but moderately powerful
editor for (some) TIFF tags and GeoKeys.  You can use them with gnu text
processing utilities or Perl scripts to create stream editing processes. I
didn't code the entire set of tags and keys, but the ImageDescription and
DocumentName tags are included.

You can pick up the programs and their documentation at
ftp://ftpext.usgs.gov/pub/cr/mo/rolla/lmoore/gtagedit.tar

This tar file includes Win32 executables and a .pdf file of documentation.
I will leave the file at this site for a couple of weeks.

--------
Larry Moore
U.S. Geological Survey
lmoore at usgs.gov