[Geotiff] cropping of a GeoTiff

maphew (matt wilkie) maphew at zworg.com
Sun Dec 10 18:00:57 PST 2006

John Mitchell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need the capability to be able to crop a GeoTiff based on either
> rectangular coordinates or against a shape rectangular object.

gdal_translate with the either the -srcwin  or -projwin parameters do
the former. Srcwin uses pixel coordinates and projwin uses projection
coordinates. I'm always getting the order of the coordinates mixed up so
I wrote up this little helper (after asking the list for help...),
"Clipping using projection coordinates":
http://yukongis.ca/bin/view/Main/GDAL

Croppign can be done interactively with OpenEV, see
http://yukongis.ca/bin/view/Main/ClipRasterWithoutArcInfo for an example.

cheers,

-matt