[Geotiff] Linear Units of Projections Parameters

Ned Horning nedh at lightlink.com
Mon Feb 27 13:06:55 PST 2006

Frank,

>From what I can tell ENVI seems to be dealing with these tags properly - at
least when I use ENVI to write the tags in the first place before saving as
GeoTIFF. I didn't have a "feet" image to test but when I converted a
"meters" image to "feet" then saved it as GeoTIFF the easting and northing
info was correct when I read it in ENVI.

For what it's worth, I think it would be best to not make the assumption
that false easting and northing are always in meters.

Ned