[Geotiff] Re: Geotiff

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Feb 28 10:28:17 PST 2006

Robert Lines wrote:
> I have been working with geotiffs for a little while.  I am trying to
> draw borders on land and label them in Geotiff format.  Is there a way
> to draw on geotiffs or take off the georeferened tags edit the tiff and
> place the tags back on.  Thank you in advance

Robert,

I don't have any suggestions for the first (editing a geotiff without
disturbing the tags).  But you can save the tags to a text file, edit
the image, and then reapply them using the libgeotiff listgeo and
geotifcp utilities.

I have written an FAQ entry about this since it is a common question.

   http://geotiff.maptools.org/faq.html#preserve_metadata

Best regards,