[Geotiff] Removing Geotiff Headers

Thomas Riehle tjskiracer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 14:14:12 PST 2006

All,

I have been working with remose sensing files for a little while, and am
now working with Quickbird 16 bit geotiff images.  I want to remove the
geotiff header information in order to read the images with mainstream
image editors, rather than having to use ERDAS, ENVI, etc.  Does anyone
have an idea of how to do this?  It would also be acceptable to convert
from geotiff to another format (PNG, bmp, etc) preferabally without
compression.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas Riehle