[Geotiff] RE: [Gdal-dev] Dataset mismatch?

Jarrett L. Redd jarrett_l_redd at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 27 10:53:05 PST 2006

Howdy, Ed...

Thanks for the response.  Sorry, I didn't specify that the coords I gave for
the rock spire are in NAD27.  I checked with topozone and it seems to match up
for that datum.

However, I think I may have found part of my problem.  I need to find the NAD83
coords for each pixel in the geotiff to match it up with the elevation data.
To do this, I was linearly interpolating from the NW/SE corner coords.  This
seems to be the source of the error.  When I switch to using GTIFImageToPCS to
go from pixels to NAD27 UTM, then "libproj" to go from NAD27 to NAD83, I get a
pretty good match.  However, this is very slow, so I guess I'll still
interpolate, but over smaller regions.

However, once I have the pixel coords, I have to figure out the associated
elevation value.  I don't see any other way to do this but to interpolate from
the provided origin and lat/lon pixel resolutions in the ADF file.  Is this the
proper way?

Thanks.

-Jarrett