[Geotiff] Support for LIDAR data, LAS format?

Cody Benkelman benkelman at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 27 10:54:46 PST 2006

I'm seeking an update with regard to LIDAR data, in LAS format.  I found
the exchange copied at bottom in the archive:
http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2004-June/003599.html

...but I don't see LAS or LIDAR in the current GDAL format list.  May I
assume support for LAS format has not yet been added to GDAL?

Thanks

Cody A. Benkelman
ASPRS Certified Mapping Scientist - Remote Sensing (#RS-144)
Whitefish, Montana  59937
cell (406) 270-1176

[Gdal-dev] Re: LIDAR .las file format
John Nipper jnipper at bhinc.com