[Geotiff] Linear_Foot_Modified_American = 9004

Christian Zietz czietz at gmx.net
Thu Apr 10 01:34:30 PDT 2008

Mathieu.St-Pierre at bentley.com schrieb:

> I got a GeoTIFF image whose key GeogLinearUnitsGeoKey has the value 9004.
> It seems that this unit code is specified nowhere, not even in
> libgeotiff or the EPSG database.

> Why is it in the GeoTIFF specification? Where does it come from?

Since the libgeotiff includes and the specification are based on a very
old version of the EPSG database (v. 2.1), my guess is that the code
9004 was defined there and that it was removed in a later version of the
EPSG database.
Unfortunately I can't find such an old release of the EPSG DB to confirm
this.

Christian
Christian Zietz  -  CHZ-Soft  -  czietz at gmx.net
WWW: http://www.chzsoft.com.ar/