[Geotiff] Linear_Foot_Modified_American = 9004

Mathieu.St-Pierre at bentley.com Mathieu.St-Pierre at bentley.com
Thu Apr 10 07:16:40 PDT 2008

Thanks Max, Christian and John for your answer.

I'll use the EPSG code specified by ProjectedCSTypeGeoKey (whose value
is PCS_NAD27_California_VI 26746) and simply ignore the
GeogLinearUnitsGeoKey key.

Though I think that for back compatibility purpose, I would still like
to have the definition of the linear foot modified American unit.

I searched for the older EPSG databases but the oldest version I can
find on the EPSG website is version 5.3 (2002).

So, I wonder that, if the definition of the unit 9004 is lost, how can a
GeoTIFF file whose geographic coordinate system is user defined
(GeogLinearUnitsGeoKey == 9004) be reprojected correctly?

Thanks,

Mathieu