[Geotiff] User defined datum: Transformation parameters

noel khan noel.khan at rdmd.ocgov.com
Thu Feb 28 16:10:07 PST 2008

Christian,

    DISCLAIMER: My perpective if the only the GeoTiff spec. I am not
familiar with the library you are using, which contains the call
"GTIFKeySet."

    Please refer to the GeoTif specsection 2.4.

    From my understanding, GeoTiff keys can either

    [1] store a single SHORT value within the KeyEntry

xor

    [2] store values in a TIFF-tag, which means that both [a] the
TiffTagLocation must be set to a nonzero value and [b] the Value_Offset must
be set to the location of the TIFF-tag containing your value(s).

Therefore, it appears that your implementation should involve:

[1] Storing your array of doubles within a TIFF tag that can accomodate
those values. NOTE: Upon storage, I presume you necessarily know the base-0
position of that array within the TIFF file (hereinafter
"*ptrToTiffTagContainingDoubleValues").

[2] Set your GeoTiff KeyEntry {KeyID, TiffTagLocation, Count,Value_Offset} =
{<CustomTransformationKeyID>, 34736, 7,
*ptrToTiffTagContainingDoubleValues}.

NOTE: The spec has that "all key-values that are not of type SHORT are to be
stored in one of the following two tags, based on their format: ..."
GeoDoubleParamsTag (34736) or GeoAsciiParamsTag (34737).

Finally, regarding "Is it correct that multiple doubles have to be passed as
an array" -- this is my understanding.

Best Regards,
Noel