[Geotiff] GeoTIFF - unsupported PCS

Oxenstierna Andreas Andreas.Oxenstierna at sweco.se
Mon Jul 14 08:29:46 PDT 2008

Frank,

Several new coordinate systems has been defined in Northern and Eastern
Europe the last 15 years, due to both political and technical reasons.
Both the official Swedish and Estonian coordinate reference systems are
not supported by GeoTIFF but has been defined by EPSG since several
years. They are both defined using completely new geodetic measurements.
Is there any mechanism to make official updates to GeoTIFF? Or should we
(as a consultant company) just go ahead and recompile libgeotiff on our
own as needed?

Best Regards

Andreas

 -----