[Geotiff] Why Vertical Datum codes in VerticalCSTypeGeoKey?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 15 20:35:47 PST 2010

Folks,

Following up on the recent work on vertical datums, I have filed a
ticket on what I feel is an error in the original GeoTIFF specification.
Details at:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/geotiff/ticket/24

As a result, I am essentially ignoring the epsg_vertcs.inc file, and the
values specified in 6.3.4.1 and 6.3.4.2.  If anyone feels I am badly out of
line, please let me know here, and/or in the ticket.

Best regards,