[Geotiff] Image processing project - getting started

David Burken dburken at comcast.net
Tue Nov 9 08:40:30 PST 2010

Justin,

If you have access to the actual sensor/camera physics/support data, one
way to do the initial geo-positioning would be to create a sensor model
and then orthorectify the image to the terrain.   You could do this with
the ossim library.

See: http://trac.osgeo.org/ossim/

The tricky part would be making the sensor model if one does not exist
already.  If you can't do that Kyle's suggestion might be best, perhaps
using gdalwarp.

Take care,
Dave