[Geotiff] 1.4.2 RC2 issued [Re: libgeotiff 1.4.2RC1 ready for testing]

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Aug 11 08:55:22 PDT 2016

> Sorry, I badly phrased that. That should have been 'some of which can be
> fixed with the new release'.
>
> While it's not fixed yet, the proposed change for #70 seems trivial enough.

I'm not convinced it is correct. At least it is disputable. For sure it
wouldn't report the same as gdalinfo would, but this is a matter of
conventions.
GDAL would still report the coordinates of the corner, applying a half-pixel
shift. the patch would display the coordinates of the centers. So I'm letting
that aside

> I've also added a patch for #78.

I've applied a variation of your patch.

> For now I only filed #79, which shouldn't be to hard to fix either. But
> I'm still not comfortable enough with autotools to have a fix already.

The generated files should be regenerated with ./autogen.sh, that I've added in
the files now added by "make dist" ins the archive.

I've also run it on a newer system (ubuntu 14.04) than the one I've used to
generate RC1, so automake 1.14.1 and config.guess 2013-06-10 are back

So here's RC2 :

http://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.4.2RC2.tar.gz
http://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.4.2RC2.zip

http://www.spatialys.com