[Geotiff] 1.4.2 RC2 issued [Re: libgeotiff 1.4.2RC1 ready for testing]

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 11 10:08:57 PDT 2016

On 08/11/2016 05:55 PM, Even Rouault wrote:
>> Sorry, I badly phrased that. That should have been 'some of which can be
>> fixed with the new release'.
>>
>> While it's not fixed yet, the proposed change for #70 seems trivial enough.
>
> I'm not convinced it is correct. At least it is disputable. For sure it
> wouldn't report the same as gdalinfo would, but this is a matter of
> conventions.
> GDAL would still report the coordinates of the corner, applying a half-pixel
> shift. the patch would display the coordinates of the centers. So I'm letting
> that aside

That sounds reasonable, I'll trust your judgement on that.

>> I've also added a patch for #78.
>
> I've applied a variation of your patch.

Thanks for the fix and applying my other patches.

>> For now I only filed #79, which shouldn't be to hard to fix either. But
>> I'm still not comfortable enough with autotools to have a fix already.
>
> The generated files should be regenerated with ./autogen.sh, that I've added in
> the files now added by "make dist" ins the archive.
>
> I've also run it on a newer system (ubuntu 14.04) than the one I've used to
> generate RC1, so automake 1.14.1 and config.guess 2013-06-10 are back

Looking good, thanks.

> So here's RC2 :
>
> http://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.4.2RC2.tar.gz
> http://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.4.2RC2.zip

I've started a round of rebuilds of the libgeotiff reverse dependencies
in Debian using RC2, I should have the results in a day or two.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1