[Geotiff] libgeotiff 1.4.3 RC1 released

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Dec 7 10:51:14 PST 2018

Hi,

Before I start upgrading libgeotiff to use the new PROJ master code, I thought
it would be worth getting a release out with what was committed since 1.4.2
(more than 2 years ago)

So download and try:

https://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.4.3RC1.tar.gz
https://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.4.3RC1.zip

If nothing alarming is reported, I'll issue a motion next week to MetaCRS for
offcial adoption.

The changes since 1.4.2 are:

* geotiff.h cpl_serv.h: Partial revert of r2736 to revert back including
"geo_config.h" (fixes #81)
* geo_simpletags.c: add cppcheck-suppress duplicateBranch annotation.
* geo_print.c: secure sscanf()/fscanf() uses.
* cppcheck fixes (signed vs unsigned printf/sscanf, redundantAssignment)
* csv/datum_shift_pref.csv: add override for CH1903 (EPSG:4149) (fixes #73)
* add mechanism to define TOWGS84 parameters per PCS (instead of only relying
on the TOWGS84 parameters of the underlying GCS). Add override for EPSG:3844
('Pulkovo 1942(58) / Stereo70' Romania). Fixes https://trac.osgeo.org/geotiff/
ticket/52
* add overrides for PCS 31251,31252,31253 (MGI (Ferro) / Austria). Fixes
https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/issues/254
* add overrides for PCS 2397/2398/2399 (Pulkovo 1942(83) / 3-degree Gauss-
Kruger zone 3,4,5). Fixes https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/issues/235
* add override for PCS 2065 (S-JTSK (Ferro) / Krovak). Fixes https://
trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4762 and https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/issues/185
* add GTIFNewEx() and GTIFNewWithMethodsEx() functions that accept a user-
provided error printing callback (only called by geo_normalize right now,
instead of fprintf(stderr)) and a user data handle. Add GTIFGetUserData().
Upgrade LIBGEOTIFF_VERSION to 1430.
* Updates to CMake configuration to align with other CMake norms
(BUILD_SHARED_LIBS mostly)
* Update to EPSG v9.2
* fix potential stack buffer overflow in GTIFAngleToDD(). Fixes https://
bugs.chromium.org/p/oss-fuzz/issues/detail?id=5059. Credit to OSS Fuzz
* geo_normalize.c: use ProjScaleAtCenterGeoKey for CT_Mercator if
ProjScaleAtNatOriginGeoKey is not set. Fixes https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/
pull/296
* geo_new.c: reject files where the GTIFF_DOUBLEPARAMS tags has more than
MAX_VALUES=1000 values to avoid potential out-of-bounds read overflow. Fixes
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/oss-fuzz/issues/detail?id=6035. Credit to OSS Fuzz
* geo_set.c: remove useless va_end() as spotted by clang-tidy
* geo_set.c: when rewriting a ASCII key with a string value longer than the
original value, do not add a dummy "0 0 0 0" entry in the GeoKeyDirectory
(fixes https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/641)

Best regards,

Even

http://www.spatialys.com