[geotk] First version of download.geotoolkit.org

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Sun Jun 7 15:11:46 EDT 2009

Hello all

The http://download.geotoolkit.org/ web site has been setup. The content of this
web site will improve with time. In the main time, this initial draft will
hopefully help users to be informed of their options.

One note about the EPSG embedded database available in the 3.00 release: to get
it working, the JavaDB or Derby JAR file must be declared explicitly on the
classpath. I'm unsure about whatever we should declare a Maven dependency or
not. For now we have not yet setup such dependency, on the basis that JavaDB is
installed by default on Windows JDK and Linux distributions provide their own
packaging for JavaDB. We may change our mind as experience will teach us.

Note that there is no longer database-specific plugins (gt-epsg-access,
gt-epsg-postgresql, gt-epsg-hsql, etc.). There is just one plugin ruling them
all (but only JavaDB and PostgreSQL have been tested up to date), while
developers still have the opportunity to write their own plugins if they wish.