[geotk] "Custom" location local projection

Sam B totalsam at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 3 09:16:33 EDT 2009

Dear all,

Thank you for reading my post.

For my application, I need something a bit special : I would need a local projection at a location that I could choose.

This is a representation of what I would like :
http://kartoweb.itc.nl/geometrics/Bitmaps/Map%20projection%20principle.gif

I need to project on a plane, set the tangent (=projection) point to any location, and to have two X and Y coordinates on that projection plane that are expressed in meters.

I guess I'll have to define a projection point :
DirectPosition projectionPt = new GeneralDirectPosition(x, y, z);

But after, is Geotoolkit able to do such things ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sam