[geotk] "Custom" location local projection

Sam B totalsam at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 4 04:35:47 EDT 2009

Thank you very much Martin !

I thought about orthographic because this guide http://www.epsg.org/guides/docs/G7-2.pdf at page 74 says that the distortion in scale is about 1 part per 10000 at 90km from the center. But now you tell me that Stereographic is even better. Wow ! Do you have an idea about the distortion of this projection ?

I guess that the units of the axes of the projectedCRS corresponding to the stereographic projection are meters ?

Thanks in advance once again !

Sam