[geotk] Geotk version 3.15 released

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Mon Oct 4 11:45:55 EDT 2010

Hello all

The "monthly" bundles have just been released. Exceptionally, they were no Geotk
release last month (September) because of the FOSS4G rush. One work done for
FOSS4G was a drastic speedup improvement of raster reprojections. I will post
more on this topic in a future blog. However the raster reprojections work is
not part of this 3.15 release. It is planned to be included in the next release
(3.16) due in November.

This 3.15 release contains bug fixes (including a bug fixe for the Google
projection) and an improved Coverage I/O API.

The bundles download and the list of API changes are available at the usual
location:

     http://download.geotoolkit.org/3.15/

The Maven artifacts are available using the "3.15" version number.

This release is probably the last one to use the "javax.measure" package name
for units of measurement. The JSR-275 specification has been terminated a few
months ago without success. The JSR-275 authors moved their project to their own
server:

     http://www.unitsofmeasurement.org/

Jean-Marie Dautelle is expected to release an updated JScience implementation
soon. The GeoAPI and Geotoolkit.org projects are expected to switch to the new
package name soon. I will post an email on this subject on the GeoAPI mailing list.

     Regards,