[geotk] Draggable map display panel?

sorel johann johann.sorel at geomatys.fr
Thu Feb 23 10:11:16 EST 2012

Hello jon,

> 1) Is the Javadoc or source code available on your Maven repository anywhere?  My IDE doesn't download it - perhaps I need to download and install it manually?
I let martin answer this one.

> 2) Is it possible to have tiled layer that is backed by a WMS?  (So the requests to the back-end WMS use a fixed set of bounding boxes?)
So far we handle several tiled servers : OSM TMS, WMTS, WMS-C and Google
static maps.
We don't have it for WMS since we are not supposed to because images can
contain a logo, texts , decorative stuffs.

But it can be very easy to add it, make a copy of those three classes
(from osm tms) and adapt them for WMS :

geotk-client-osmtms/src/main/java/org/geotoolkit/osmtms/model/OSMTMSMosaic.java

geotk-client-osmtms/src/main/java/org/geotoolkit/osmtms/model/OSMTMSPyramidSet.java

geotk-client-osmtms/src/main/java/org/geotoolkit/osmtms/OSMTMSCoverageReference.java
and copy the download method from wms-c

geotk-client-wmsc/src/main/java/org/geotoolkit/wmsc/model/WMSCPyramidSet.java

It should not be long to obtain a tiled wms, less than an hour. ;-)

> 3) I noticed in the repository that there was a package specific to ncWMS (geotk-client-ncwms), although it doesn't seem to be in the published javadoc online.  Is this package ready to experiment with?
Yes it's working, we used it already on some projects.
If you want to improve it you are welcome.

Johann sorel
Geomatys