[geotk] Implementations for Geometry & Point ?

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Wed Jan 25 17:27:51 EST 2012

Hello Derek

Sorry for the late reply. I was travelling to a meeting yesterday.

Le 24/01/12 12:25, Derek Gray a écrit :
> Using 3.19, and not using 'pending' libraries,
> I'm having difficulty determining how to proceed with specifying the
> Extent of the DataIdentification. It allows a list of GeometryExtents,
> of which DefaultBoundingPolygon is one. But DefaultBoundingPolygon is
> made up of Geometry objects. Only Point extends this implementation
> and neither has any methods or implementation classes. How is one to
> use DefaultBoundingPolygon?

There is no ISO 19107 polygon in the non-pending library yet. When using the
geotk-metadata module alone, we are restricted for now to GeographicBoundingBox
or description.

An implementation of ISO 19107 objects backed by JTS is available in the
geotk-jtswrapper module. This module is likely to change when I will have the
time to look at it (I would like to port it to GeoAPI in public domain if I get
the authorization from their authors, like what I did for Proj.4 wrappers).
However I don't think that this will happen soon, so those classes are probably
stable for now.

Note that a similar issue apply to DefaultTemporalExtent. To effectively use it,
the pending geotk-temporal module needs to be in the classpath.

     Regards,