[geotk] NullPointerException with WFSFeatureStore

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Wed Dec 10 07:27:21 PST 2014

Le 10/12/14 22:57, Emmanuel Blondel a écrit :
> Thanks, but you confirm that they are only convenient methods, and
> that there is no more "Featurecollection" (or similar) interface at
> GeoAPI level, right?

Right. The Feature model is described in ISO 19109. The current draft
(not yet published I think) clarifies a lot the model compared to
previous versions, and GeoAPI has been updated in an effort to align
itself with this model. Most classes that are not defined by an
international standard (or not closely related) are left out of GeoAPI.
I think there is a consensus at OGC that GeoAPI shall not define new
conceptual models - this is left to either implementations, or to
standard groups dedicated to the concept domain.

So "FeatureCollection" is gone, and "SimpleFeature" is gone too. As far
as I known, they never existed formally in the standards - they were
GeoAPI invention. We recognize however that the concept of
"SimpleFeature" is valuable, but I don't think that it needed the
introduction of a new sub-type.