[geotk] illegalPropertyType Exception

Dieter Stüken d.stueken at conterra.de
Wed Mar 26 09:47:59 PDT 2014

While playing around with geotoolkit/sis I frequently got an IllegalArgumentException while calling toString().

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Property “identifiers” does not accept instances of ‘Collections.UnmodifiableSet’.
    at org.apache.sis.referencing.AbstractIdentifiedObject.illegalPropertyType(AbstractIdentifiedObject.java:346)
    at org.apache.sis.referencing.AbstractIdentifiedObject.<init>(AbstractIdentifiedObject.java:331)

this was caused by:

AbstractCoordinateOperation.append():
630: properties.put(IdentifiedObject.IDENTIFIERS_KEY, object.getIdentifiers());

either it has to be converted to an array, or AbstractIdentifiedObject might accept a Collection<ReferenceIdentifier>

Is there a better place to report further bugs/problems/suggestions?

I just discovered the JIRA page of SIS. We also discuss about using FX for a map view.
While diving the code a lot of suggestions came to my mind...

Dieter.