[geotk] Broken https and incorrect/expiring certs

Alexis Manin alexis.manin at geomatys.com
Tue Apr 5 23:59:39 PDT 2016

HI,

I'm sorry, but Geotoolkit and Geotools are two different organizations.
Geotoolkit is a fork totally independant from Geotools from about a decade
now.

Also, it looks to be a problem related directly to OSGeo. We cannot help
you here ! You should try to contact them directly :
http://www.osgeo.org/contact

Regards,

> Hello,
>
> I am having issues accessing:
> https://download.osgeo.org/webdav/geotools/ (and
> https://download.osgeo.org/)
>
> HTTP works fine, but not HTTPS. HTTPS appears to run into an SSL protocol
> error.
>
> https://www.geotools.org/ serves a cert with *.osgeo.org as the common
> name. This cert would work for download.osgeo.org, so it looks like all
> the pieces are in place to enable https.
>
> Is there a chance someone could fix SSL for download.osgeo.org?
>
> Thanks!
>
> I also noticed the following:
> 1. geotools.org does not appear in the Common Name or the Subject
> Alternate Name for the cert referenced above, thus this cert cannot be used
> to verify the identity of www.geotools.org
> 2. The cert referenced above expires Sunday, May 1, 2016, which is in less
> than a month
>

> Alex

Alexis Manin,
Développeur JAVA/JEE.