[geotk] Need help with maven repo in new Nexus system

Leinen Kyle M LeinenKyleM at JohnDeere.com
Thu Apr 23 07:25:11 PDT 2020

I tried that as well and get the same situation.  I'm still researching to see if there is special settings that I need to use to proxy a Nexus repo through Artifactory.

When using the "browse" interface, Artifactory can see the directory structure, but not any of the files since they are not actually hosted from that URL (as they are actually hosted from within https://repo.osgeo.org/repository/release/).  For example, the 'org.geotools.gt-shapefile:21.0` maven package is what one of my users is trying to get to through my Artifactory system:
Browse page: https://repo.osgeo.org/service/rest/repository/browse/release/org/geotools/gt-shapefile/21.0/
Expected file link: https://repo.osgeo.org/service/rest/repository/browse/release/org/geotools/gt-shapefile/21.0/gt-shapefile-21.0.jar
Actual file link: https://repo.osgeo.org/repository/release/org/geotools/gt-shapefile/21.0/gt-shapefile-21.0.jar

When I attempt to look at https://repo.osgeo.org/repository/release/org/geotools/gt-shapefile/21.0/, I get a page saying the following:
This maven2 group repository is not directly browseable at this URL.
Please use the browse or HTML index views to inspect the contents of this repository.

Artifactory expects that the same path where the repo is will be the same path where the files are hosted from.  From what limited visibility I have, it seems as if the OSGeo nexus instance is configured to only let maven clients talk to the repo and not anything else.

Kyle Leinen
DevX Staff Advocate | Virtual-Dynasty | JD-ISG
Email: LeinenKyleM at JohnDeere.com<mailto:LeinenKyleM at JohnDeere.com>
Flowdock: @kyle

From: Martin Desruisseaux <martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2020 3:23 AM
To: Leinen Kyle M <LeinenKyleM at JohnDeere.com>; geotoolkit at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [geotk] Need help with maven repo in new Nexus system

Hello Kyle!

I'm not familiar with Artifactory. But would the following link works? If not, do you have some kind of error message?

    https://nexus.geomatys.com/service/rest/repository/browse/geotoolkit/

Regards,

    Martin

Le 23/04/2020 à 05:24, Leinen Kyle M a écrit :
My company uses Artifactory to proxy the old webdav location of the geotools maven repository.  Now that this location has been retired, I am attempting to connect to the new Nexus system, but it does not allow various repos to be directly browsed, which is causing issues with being able to proxy using Artifactory.  Does anyone know who I can reach out to for help?