[geotk] migration to java 11

Alexis Manin alexis.manin at geomatys.com
Wed Mar 3 00:44:33 PST 2021

Hello,

To use a relatively stable/up-to-date version of Geotoolkit, I'd recommend
you to use technical tags maintained by Geomatys (that we use finternally
for our products, like Examind community/server).

The trouble is that they're not accessible from Github nor
maven.geotoolkit.org, but we still maintain a public maven repository to
download them here :

https://nexus.geomatys.com/repository/maven-public/

I'd personally recommend you to try the latest Geotk tag:

5.0.0-MC0116

it depends on internal tags (also accessible from maven repository above)
of SIS and GeoAPI :

SIS : 2.0-M0076
GeoAPI : 4.0-M15

After you've updated your project, I"d recommand to perform a `mvn
dependency:tree` command to  check for potential version conflict.

A few warning though:

* Geotoolkit source code on Github page is not in sync with our internal
releases.
* As we now use Geotoolkit as a sort of internal toolbox, we do not
maintain a clean semantic versioning, and you could encounter breaking
changes at any update.

Hope it helps,

Alexis Manin,
Développeur JAVA/JEE.