[Graphics] Point, Line, and Polygon (was: Geosilk icons)

Rolando Peñate rpenate at opengeo.org
Thu Nov 12 12:36:43 EST 2009

On Nov 5, 2009, at 5:40 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 5:59 AM, Robert Szczepanek <robert at szczepanek.pl
> > wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> That's good idea Jody to create wiki. There are so many valuable
>> resources! Your Rolando 'other resources' list can be good start
>> point.
>
> Rolando and myself are already supposed to be collaborating (I was
> very surprised to see new Point, Line and Polygon graphics in his new
> symbol set as they do not scale well when used dynamically to
> communicate style - but that can be our next discussion on the
> graphics list!).

Sorry Jody, didn't mean to pull those out of left field. They were a
request from the GeoExt community for a drawing interface (see: http://img.skitch.com/20091112-q55rb8fqd29jmt9gr7dhqpwe8a.png)
  so they wanted something clear and unambiguous. Can you explain your
concerns regarding how they won't scale well "when used dynamically to
communicate style"?

>> <snip />

—Rolando